Do these exercises to practice de asimple past tense of verbs. Open the links and do the exercises.
Simple Past Tense Exercises
A. Complete the sentences, put the verb into the correct form, positive or negative. (simple past tense)
1. It was warm, so I
off my coat. (take)
2. The film wasn’t very good. I
it very much. (enjoy)
3. I knew Sarah was very busy, so I
4. I was very tired, so I
to bed early. (go)
5. The bed was very uncomfortable. I
very well. (sleep)
6. Sue wasn’t hungry, so she
7. We went to Kate’s house but she
at home. (be)
8. It was a funny situation but nobody
9. The window was open and a bird
into the room. (fly)
10. The hotel wasn’t very expensive. It
very much. (cost)
11. I was in a hurry, so I
time to phone you. (have)
12. It was hard work carrying the bags. They
very heavy. (be)
B. Complete the exercise with the verbs inside the box. (simple past tense)
more than 600 pieces of music.
2. ‘How did you learn to drive?’ ‘My father
3. We couldn’t afford to keep our car, so we
4. I was very thirsty. I
the water very quickly.
5. Paul and I played tennis yesterday. He’s much better than me, so he
down the stairs this morning and his lag.
the ball to Sue, who it.
a lot of money yesterday. She a dress. It